My mother-in-law gave me this bed cover that had been in a bag in her basement for decades. I brought it home, washed it and laid it over my longarm to dry. What a mistake that was! The linen and the crochet lace dried differently and there was a terrible amount of fullness. This changed my wholecloth design drastically.
I used a light floral backing, Hobbs 80/20 batting, a light grey liner and the linen on top of all that. You can see in one of the pics I uploaded how horrible the bottom border was stretched out of shape. In the next photo you can see how I tamed it.
I decided to frame in the middle and run various channels to look like a Victorian corset. Feathers and lacy fillers finished it off.
This quilt won viewer's choice at the Oakland County Quilt Guild in April 2016.
This quilt is for sale - serious inquiries only please.